.

January 30, 2015

my week in objects

there's a blog that I love called reading my tea leaves. erin, who writes faithfully every day of the work week, does this fantastic post series called, my week in objects. it's one of my favourite things to read and i like the simplicity of it. i wanted to try to follow a similar vein as a practice of habit for this blog in the coming year. our church has been focusing on habit and this past week, our life group started an experiment involving listing ten things to be grateful about each day. because i'm a visual person, i wanted to also create a visual aspect to that list. 

now, this week was actually a hard one. i was pretty down and out, emotionally and it took a lot of effort to get any work done, let alone think of things to be grateful for. but i managed to remember to take at least one photo everyday. and here's what my week looked like in the objects (and beings!) that surrounded me. 

1. this weathered face.
(because not only has the other face on our wall has found his long lost brother, it represents the thoughtfulness of a new friend.)

 2. this soon-to-bloom hyacinth.
 (for breathing a bit of life into a dark week.)

3. this simple spool of twine.
 (for waiting patiently for me to start on this weaving project.)

4. this small stack of hanging clothes.
 (for being delivered in a package waiting for me when i got home.)

5. these little legs.
(for bringing me so much joy every time i see them.)

things to take to the weekend:
to make you remember your first date (or was that just me?)
to make the practical things pretty.
wine and cheese party upgrade.
spending a winter week in paris.
in case you missed these the first time.
how could you not want to be here?

hope all of you have a restful weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...